Sump Pump Maintenance
In order to ensure that your sump pump is doing its job properly you should follow the sump pump maintenance checklist below. Following this checklist will help you uncover problems or potential deficiencies with your sump pump and have time to correct these issues before it's too late.
Sump Pump Inspection Checklist
- Replace any sump pump older than 15 years old.
- Replace any sump pump that has ever seized or displayed an sort of erratic behavior. During a flood or heavy rain, you never want to be relying on a sump pump that could fail at any moment.
- Install a check valve on the discharge line if missing.
- Ensure that your sump pump has a high water alarm.
- Install a sump pump battery backup or municipal water-powered backup system. If your power goes out disabling your pump you want to be sure that your pump can still get power to operate.